The Association of Early Childhood Educators of Alberta (AECEA) invites you to submit proposals for workshops to be part of our upcoming annual conference, taking place April 27, 2019 at Mount Royal University in Calgary.
Workshop sessions should:
- Be 1.25 hours in length
- Run for the entire time block
- Be designed for an adult audience and allow for interaction and questions
- Reflect inclusive programming/curriculum for any or all of the following: infant/toddler, preschool-age, or school-age children
- Provide innovative programs or research findings, and be suited for a minimum of 40 delegates
- Include techniques, strategies or ideas to help delegates share their learning once they return to their communities
- Conference delegates include early childhood educators, administrators, school age and family child care providers, students, instructors, research and policy analysts, and advocates.
Delegates from the 2018 conference provided feedback on the types of workshop topics that they would like for professional development. Suggested topics include infant/toddler topics, special/extra needs/inclusion, school aged programming for diverse cultural perspectives, mental health, professionalism, leadership, AB curriculum concepts, pedagogy, parent engagement, working with systems/legislation and self-care for ECEs.
If you are interested in this exciting opportunity, download the application form and submit to the AECEA conference committee no later than Monday, December 3, 2018.
Applications are to be sent to email@example.com.