We are very excited to announce that the 2nd Annual Student Conference will be held on April 24, 2020!
AECEA's 2020 Student Conference Committee is working hard on putting together an inspiring, professional conference for the 2020 conference.
We want to feature workshop sessions that are relevant and valuable for students who share a passion for Early Learning. Suggested topics may include:
- Special/extra needs/inclusive programming and practice
- Child/youth dispositions
- Compassionate discipline
- Cultural sensitivity
- Child & youth mental health
- Trauma sensitive/informed care
- Indigenous ways of knowing
- AB ELCC curriculum concepts
- Parent engagement
- Childhood anxiety
- Gender identity
- Practitioner self-care
- Missing, murdered and Indigenous women
- United Nations declaration on the rights of Indigenous peoples
- Convention on the rights of the child
- Truth and Reconciliation: Calls to Action
We are putting out a call for presenters and would like your assistance in forwarding the form to presenters that you think may be relevant to students. It may be someone you have heard speak who has inspired you in your work, a session that you would like to participate in, or it may be a session you present.
The deadline for proposals is Friday, February 14, 2020, all proposals must be submitted through the online form by that date in order to be considered.