Is there someone you know that has been involved in the child care field for 10+ years and makes a difference in people's lives? Nominate them for the Dr. Sherrill Brown Award of Distinction!
Award recipients must have made outstanding contributions in one or more of the following areas:
- Involvement with the Child Care Community
- The nomination should describe and provide evidence of the nominee's involvement and/or impact with families, and the child care community.
- Commitment to the Field
- The nomination should describe and provide evidence of the nominee's ongoing commitment to improve the child care profession and enhance the abilities of others in the field
- The nomination should describe and provide evidence of the nominee's use of creative approaches to support and advance quality child care; locally, provincially and/or federally.
To be eligible, all nominees must meet the following requirements on the rubric:
- Hold a current AECEA membership
- Have contributed as a leader within Alberta's child care community over a significant period of time (10-year minimum)
- Have demonstrated professional excellence in one or more of the following areas:
- Pedagogical Leadership
- Awareness, advancement & promotion
Nominators must be a person with direct knowledge of the nominee's contribution to the field and are:
- a resident of Alberta;
- 18 years of age or older; and
- not related to the nominee.
How To Apply
Fill out the AECEA Dr. Sherrill Brown Award of Distinction Nomination Form and ensure you have the following supporting documents prepared to attach to the form. The nomination form must be consented to by both the nominee and the nominator.
- The nominator will write a 1-2 page letter outlining the achievements of the nominee related to the selection criteria.
- The nominator will collect 2-3 letters of support which highlight the achievements of the nominee.
- The nominator will acquire the nominee's most recent resume showing total years in the field.
All nominators and nominees will receive an email confirming their nomination was received. Award recipients and their successful nominators will be contacted when selected. Please ensure that all spelling is correct on the form.
Deadline to submit nominations in order to be considered is 5:00 PM on Monday, May 3, 2021
Please note, the nomination form will not be accepted in any other format than the nomination form on the website; no emailed, mailed, or faxed nominations will be considered.