In recognition of outstanding contributions to the Alberta Early Learning and Child Care Community, The Association of Early Childhood Educators of Alberta is pleased to present the
2021 AECEA Early Childhood Educator Award of Recognition
Award recipients must have made outstanding contributions in one or more of the following areas:
- Involvement with the local Community
- The nomination should describe and provide evidence of the nominee's involvement and/or impact with families, within their program, or members of the local community.
- Commitment to Learning
- The nomination should describe and provide evidence of the nominee's ongoing commitment to further their own learning, enhance the abilities of others in the field, and improve the ELCC profession
- Professional Practice
- The nomination should describe and provide evidence of supporting the well-being and belonging of all children, regardless of ability, gender, race, culture, etc.
To be eligible, all nominees must meet the following requirements on the rubric:
- Hold a current AECEA membership
- Nominee’s must have 3 years ELCC experience within the province of Alberta
- Employed by a licensed ECE program or approved through a licensed family day home agency in Alberta
- Hold at minimum Level 2 early childhood educator qualification (Child Development Worker) administered by Alberta Children Services
Nominators must be a person with direct knowledge of the nominee's contribution to the field and are:
- a resident of Alberta;
- 18 years of age or older
The AECEA Early Childhood Educator Award of Recognition will be administered to the following guidelines and nominees must comply with these guidelines.
- Individuals may nominate an Albertan on their own behalf or on behalf of an Alberta based organization, agency, business or group.
- Nominations, including all supporting material, become the property of AECEA and will not be returned.
- Nominations that are incomplete or do not comply with these guidelines may be disqualified. AECEA takes no responsibility for incomplete, inaccurate, lost, or late nominations.
- Nominee's must meet eligibility criteria outlined in this package.
- Nominations cannot be submitted without the digital consent of the nominee.
- Selection and publicity about the award recipient will be conducted in accordance with the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act. Personal information about the nominators and nominees is collected for the sole purpose of administering the award.
- By digitally signing the nomination form, each nominator and nominee:
- agrees to abide by the guidelines that govern the Early Childhood Educator Award of Recognition;
- consents to having their photograph taken for awards related publicity purposes;
- consents to the use of their name, community, photograph, and nomination material in any award related publicity carried out by the Association of Early Childhood Educators of Alberta; and
- consents to participating in the award related activities and functions, including an award ceremony, in the event they are chosen as the award recipient.
- Decisions made by the Award Selection Committee are final.
Award recipients are chosen by the 2021 Award Selection Committee; composed of representation from the AECEA Board Members. The award recipient will be honoured publicly.
HOW TO APPLY
Fill out the AECEA Early Childhood Educator Award of Recognition Nomination Form and ensure you have the following supporting documents prepared to attach to the form. Please note, the nomination form will not be accepted in any other format than the nomination form on the website; no emailed, mailed, or faxed nominations will be considered. The nomination form must be consented to by both the nominee and the nominator.
- The nominator will write a 1-2 page letter outlining the achievements of the nominee related to the selection criteria
- The nominator will acquire the nominee's current resume showing total years in the field.
- The nominator will acquire the nominee’s current Child Care Staff Qualification Certificate
- Please ensure all evidence has legal consent to be shared with AECEA and the Freedom of Information Privacy Act has been considered prior to submitting content to AECEA.
All nominators and nominees will receive an email confirming their nomination was received. Award recipients and their successful nominators will be contacted when selected. Please ensure that all spelling is correct on the form.
THE DEADLINE FOR NOMINATIONS IS 5:00 PM ON FRIDAY, MAY 21, 2021
Please note, the nomination form will not be accepted in any other format than the nomination form on the website; no emailed, mailed, or faxed nominations will be considered. The nomination form must be consented to by both the nominee and the nominator. If you have any questions, please contact the Association of Early Childhood Educators of Alberta.