One of the most difficult and often overlooked aspects of moving into a supervisory or management position is developing the skills necessary to truly manage people. Without intentional training, many new managers are left to figure things out on their own – for better or worse. Like all skills, effective management and supervisory skills must be learned. This workshop presents the crucial skills for managing employment relationships from beginning to end, with particular focus on hiring and performance management. Participants will also consider how their communication and personal approach to management affects the people they lead.
Some of the Topics Included
- The Role of Management
- Essential Management Aptitudes and Skills
- Management Styles Assessment
- How to Adapt Your Management Style
- Hiring New Employees for Talent and Fit
- Managing Employee Performance
- Writing Objective Performance Evaluations
- Stages of Progressive Discipline
- Terminating the Employment Relationship
This is an introductory-intermediate level workshop for leaders, managers and supervisors, and anyone who is a leader within an organization.
Method of Delivery
Presentation, video, case study examples, experiential practice, personal reflection, and small group discussions.
At the end of this workshop, participants should be able to:
- To appreciate the critical role of management and supervision in creating healthy workplaces
- To understand their own management style and how that may affect those they supervise
- How to hire and initiate the employment relationship to create the best chance of generating engagement
- How to manage the employment relationship through performance management practices
- How to initiate discipline in ways that are respectful and dignified for all parties
Date & Time:
May 11, 2022 8:00 a.m.-3:00 p.m. MST
For more information and to register, go here.
AECEA Professional and Student members get 15% off public workshops through the ACHIEVE Centre for Leadership and Workplace Performance, log in to your account for the discount code!