Do you have difficulty planning multiple daily writing opportunities for your students who struggle with writing? This session will focus on assistive technology tools and strategies to support early writers or students with physical challenges that make typical writing opportunities difficult. You will have the opportunity to try a variety of low tech, iPad apps, and Chrome online websites or extensions to support writing. Target activities include agenda, structured and unstructured writing opportunities, spelling and making words, and mind mapping.
- Learn the benefits of low tech strategies to support identified writing opportunities
- Identify and compare the benefits for low tech to high tech assistive technology tools
- Identify the purpose of a writing activity and identify tools and strategies to support that purpose
- Become familiar with specific assistive technology tools (Book Creator, Clicker, Boardmaker online, Read&Write for Google, Inspiration, Holt Graphic organizers)
- Leveraging a student’s strengths and challenges to plan writing supports
Glenrose Rehabilitation Hospital - I CAN Centre for Assistive Technology
10230 111 Ave NW
Date & Time:
November 27, 2019 1:00-4:00 p.m.
For more information and to register, go here.