Your voice matters. It's tough to stress just how important it is for you, as an ECE, to support your provincial association and have a voice on issues of importance to you. We depend on the size and strength of our membership to allow us to engage, plan and advocate for system changes and further public investment in the ELCC sector.
Do you have a heart-warming inspirational story about an Early Childhood colleague or educator in the field who has touched the lives of families and children they work with?
Share with AECEA to have them nominated for the Early Childhood Educator Award of Recognition!
Award recipients must have demonstrated strengths in building relationships with children and families.
A practice of relationships describes the complex and dynamic relationships with diverse community members and begins with educators who are willing to learn with and alongside children and families. Educators who engage in a practice of relationships create places of vitality in early learning and child care for the benefit of children, as social learners and citizens. (Makovichuk, L., Hewes, J., Lirette, P., & Thomas, N. 2014. pg. 146).
Makovichuk, L., Hewes, J., Lirette, P., & Thomas, N. (2014). Flight: Alberta’s early learning and care framework. Retrieved from flightframework.ca.
Successful applicant will receive 50% discount on one (1) year AECEA membership upon application of the nomination, public recognition and acknowledgement in the field.
To be eligible, all nominees must meet the following requirements on the rubric:
- Nominee must hold a current AECEA membership
- Nominee’s must have minimum 2 years ELCC experience within the province of Alberta
- Must hold an early childhood educator qualification (Level 1, 2 or 3) administered by Alberta Children Services
- Must be a resident of Alberta
- Nominee must acknowledge the Award Nomination application & consent to sharing the application publicly in recognition
The AECEA Early Childhood Educator Award of Recognition will be administered to the following guidelines and nominees must comply with these guidelines. They will be deemed to have read and understood the requirements if they participate in the awards nomination process.
- Nominations can be made by individuals who are a:
- resident of Alberta;
- 18 years of age or older; and
- not related to the nominee.
- Nominators must be any person or group with direct knowledge of the nominee's contribution to the field.
- Nominee's involvement in early learning & care, must be within the province of Alberta.
- Individuals may nominate an Albertan on their own behalf or on behalf of an Alberta based organization, agency, government office, business or group.
- Nominations, including all supporting material, become the property of AECEA and will not be returned.
- Nominations that are incomplete or do not comply with these guidelines may be disqualified. AECEA takes no responsibility for incomplete, inaccurate, lost, or late nominations.
- Nominee's must meet eligibility criteria outlined in this package.
- Nominations cannot be submitted without the digital consent of the nominee.
- Selection and publicity about the award recipient will be conducted in accordance with the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act. Personal information about the nominators and nominees is collected for the sole purpose of administering the award.
- By digitally signing the nomination form, each nominator and nominee:
- agrees to abide by the guidelines that govern the ECE Award of Recognition;
- consents to having their photograph taken for awards related publicity purposes;
- consents to the use of their name, community, photograph, and nomination material in any award related publicity carried out by the Association of Early Childhood Educators of Alberta; and
- consents to participating in the award related activities and functions, including an award ceremony, in the event they are chosen as the award recipient.
Candidates will be selected by entry into a selection software program and the decision made by the software selection is final.
How to Apply
Fill out the AECEA Early Childhood Educator Award of Recognition Nomination Form and ensure you have the supporting document prepared to attach to the form.
The nominator will provide a one-page learning story or other format to demonstrate the nominee’s contribution to fostering strong practice of relationships. Nominators can use text and/or photos in the application. All applications must be submitted on the website in PDF format.
All nominators and nominees will receive an email confirming their nomination was received. Award recipient and their successful nominators will be contacted when selected.
Deadline for nominations is Wednesday May 10, 2023, at 11:59pm.
Please note, the nomination form will not be accepted in any other format than the nomination form on the website; no emailed, mailed, or faxed nominations will be considered. The nomination form must be consented to by both the nominee and the nominator.
If you have any questions, call or email the Association of Early Childhood Educators of Alberta:
Phone: (780) 421-7544
Toll-free: 1 (877) 421-9937