The Edmonton Garrison Military Family Resource Centre (MFRC) is accepting resumes in our licensed/accredited Out of School Care program for a Child Care Worker - Part-Time (6 hours per day) – September 2019 to June 2020.
- create and implement age appropriate programming for children based on observations
- encourage children’s development through play
- engage children in age appropriate play opportunities (both indoor and outdoor)
- provide direct care/supervision to children in the program
- act as a role model through positive interactions
- offer excellent customer service to children, families and staff
- prepare snacks
- daily general cleaning of room
- regular daily/weekly cleaning of toys
Typical work schedule (subject to change based on the needs of the centre):
30-38 hours per week from September to end of June (6:30-9:30am and 2:45-5:45pm daily with a full day 6:30-3:30 on PD days) - (note there is potential for hours in Day Care/Casual Care in the summer months to cover staff absences)
Applicants must have Alberta Child Care Certification, and a minimum of 1-year related experience. Note: Applicants with a diploma in Early Childhood Education or equivalent combination of education and experience and certified as a Child Development Worker or Child Development Supervisor will be given priority.
Additional Requirements: Candidates must possess current Standard First Aid/CPR, acceptable Police Information Check with vulnerable sector screening, clear Intervention Record Check, knowledge of licensing regulations, along with exceptional communication and organizational skills. Preference will be given to those individuals who are bilingual in French and English.
Please forward resume, covering letter and three professional references to the Child Care Coordinator.
Lucinda Humphries, Child Care Coordinator
P.O. Box 10500
Edmonton, AB T5J 4J5
Fax: (780) 973-1401
Only those selected for an interview will be contacted. This posting will remain open until a suitable candidate has been hired.