We are looking for a Childcare Supervisor to run an existing Head Start program in the community of Fort McKay. This is a great opportunity for an experienced and energetic Childcare Educator who is passionate about working with children in a daycare setting.
The Fort McKay First Nation (FMFN) and Mothers of McKay (M.O.M) are looking to hire a Childcare Supervisor to manage our Day Care facility. The Childcare Supervisor is responsible for setting the tone for the facility and assisting with the needs of the centre. You will be responsible for ensuring that the centre runs smoothly, efficiently, and professionally.
As supervisor you will ensure compliance with provincial and federal standards are met, manage staff and oversee training requirements, manage the curriculum, hiring of employees and the financial affairs of the facility.
This role reports directly to the Human Resources Director and is full-time position based on seventy-five (75) hours bi-weekly.
Primary responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Provide a warm, positive, nurturing, and respectful environment
- Maintain the highest level of professionalism with parents, families, and co-workers at all times and has daily open communication with families
- Lead by example, maintaining a positive environment in all matters ensuring all employees follow and adhere to policies and procedures
- Adhere to all licensing regulations
- Promote the social, emotional, physical, and cognitive development of all children enrolled in the program
- Manage all levels of reporting required to funding agencies
- Manage time off requests and changes in schedule approved by the Director, Human Resources
- Ensure safety requirements and inspection and certification procedures and ensure that the centre complies with those requirements
- Responsible for billing and collection of payments
- Responsible for planning, execution, and supervision of classroom activities, including review and follow up on classroom checklists and compliance
- Manage classroom observations and meetings
- Responsible for calling parent/guardians in regards to illness, injury, serious behaviours, etc.
- Supervise and evaluate all employees, including training and monitoring childcare workers
- Meet with families, provide tours of the facility, and maintain staff schedules and registrations, following all ratio requirements.
- Help plan and conduct regular parent and employee/team meetings as needed
- Oversee planning of all centre events i.e. seasonal celebrations, open houses, year-end graduation, special events, etc.
- Ensure a clean and safe work environment is maintained meeting Health Inspection standards
- Perform other related duties as required
- Early Learning Childhood Development Diploma required (formerly Level 3)
- Minimum of 1-3 years in a Management/Supervisory role
- Experience working in a First Nations community including knowledge of First Nations culture, traditions and values is considered an asset
- First Aid & CPR Certification
- Criminal Record Clearance & Vulnerable Sector Search
- Daycare Management Experience
- Licensing and Accreditation Knowledge
- Proficient in all Microsoft applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- Highly flexible, with solid interpersonal skills that allow one to work effectively in a diverse working environment
- Superior time management skills, multitasking skills, and the ability to prioritize tasks with minimal supervision
- Ability to speak either Dene or Cree language an asset
- A valid class 5 drivers’ license as travel will be necessary
- Successful candidate will be required to live in (or relocate to) Fort McMurray, Alberta
At Fort McKay, we ask a lot of our employees, which is why we give so much in return. In addition to your Competitive Salary, we’ll shower you with perks, including:
- Health benefits for Medical, Dental and Vision
- Company matched Pension Plan
- A healthy work-life balance with an on-site fitness centre including free fitness classes
- Opportunities for career growth, professional development, and volunteering within the community
- Safe and reliable employee transportation, to and from your front door step
HOW TO APPLY:
You can also check us out on social media -> Facebook & LinkedIn
Closing Date: February 11, 2019
Please ensure you indicate the Competition #08-2019
*Preference will be given to qualified applicants of Aboriginal ancestry in any hiring decision, please declare your Aboriginal status in your applica