People who struggle to regulate their intense emotional experiences often feel like they are at the mercy of reactive coping patterns. It can seem like these emotional storms hijack their behaviour, take control of their thinking, and hurt their relationships with other people and themselves. Dialectical Behaviour Therapy (DBT) provides concepts and skills to help people have more choices, become more emotionally calm, and be more present in their lives. This workshop explores key concepts and useful skills such as tolerating distress, managing emotions, and enhancing interpersonal communication. Participants will discover which populations can benefit the most from DBT, and gain an understanding of concepts, strategies, and tools that can be applied to their work.
Some of the Topics Included
- The Components and Structure of DBT
- Who Tends to Respond Well to DBT
- Balancing Acceptance and Change in DBT
- How Change Occurs in DBT
- The Importance of Validation in DBT
- Strategies and Tools for Mindfulness
- Strategies and Tools for Managing Emotions
- Strategies and Tools for Improving Interpersonal Relationships
- Strategies and Tools for Tolerating Distress
Online, via Zoom
Date & Time:
July 14, 2020 8:00 a.m.-3:00 p.m. MST
For more information and to register, go here.