We all encounter people we find difficult, and typically conversations with them leave us feeling frustrated, stressed, angry, or tired. This workshop explores what is happening in those exchanges and demonstrates how people can adapt their strategies to bring about more productive conversations with those they find difficult. Individual approaches for dealing with difficult people will be explored, with an emphasis on understanding and adapting one’s approach to create different results. Participants will learn how to create the right conditions for a conversation with a person they find difficult. They will also be provided with a variety of practical strategies for engaging with people they find difficult.
Some of the Topics Reviewed
- Who is a Difficult Person?
- Shift Judgment to Curiosity
- The Cycle of Escalating Difficult Behaviour
- Approaches for Dealing with Difficult People
- Strategies for Dealing with Bullying Behaviour
- Skills for Dealing with the Passive Aggressive Person
- How to Defuse the Angry Person
- Strategies for Dealing with the Resistant Person
This is an introductory-intermediate level workshop.
Executive Royal Hotel Calgary
2828 - 23rd St NE
Calgary AB T2E 8T4
Date & Time:
October 8, 2019 9:00 a.m.-4:00 p.m.
For more information and to register, go here.
**AECEA Professional and Student Members are eligible for a 15% discount on all CTRI and ACHIEVE Centre public workshops, please contact the AECEA office if you have not received the discount code**