At the Capucine preschool, we believe that our children are powerful learners and citizens and that our role as early childhood educators is to accompany and support them in their curiosity, learning, and discovery alongside their peers. In collaboration with our team members and families, we create and document learning experiences and adapt our space to meet the unique needs of the kids in our care as they grow and learn through play in a safe and welcoming environment.
In line with the ENVOL program, we emphasize the importance of nature and our environment and spend a great deal of time in our outdoor classroom.
We encourage and support the professional development of our team and offer many training opportunities. The successful candidate may be asked to fill in when another employee is absent and to travel between our two branches in the Northwest.
- Possess (or be willing to obtain) a minimum of Level 1 Early Childhood Educator certification as per Alberta Children Services qualifications.
- Have a criminal record check with vulnerable sector clearance.
- Possess (or be willing to obtain) a valid First Aid certificate.
- You are a passionate, creative, organized, patient and punctual person with a deep respect and love for children.
- You have the ability and desire to observe, communicate, play, participate, care, help and learn with children.
- You love being part of a team.
Spoken and written languages: French and, ideally, English.
Schedule and salary
Full time position Monday to Friday from 8:30am to 3:30pm.
$20/h to start + the government of Alberta wage top-up. Benefits for full time employees.
Expected start date
Immediately. The position will be posted until a candidate is selected.
Interested candidates are asked to send their resume, in French, to email@example.com.
Please include a cover letter outlining your qualifications (in english or french), e-mail address and telephone number.
We thank all applicants for their interest, but only those selected will be contacted.