Company: 1886122 Alberta Ltd. / Little Steps
Business Information: Little Steps Preschool is an award winning preschool, offering preschool classes for children ages 2 to 5 years in Calgary and Airdrie. We also offer out of school care catering to elementary children from 5 to 12 years.
Business Address: Drive E. Foothills, Calgary, AB
Work Location: Earl Grey School: 845 Hillcrest Ave SW, Calgary, AB, T2T 0Z1; and Riverbend Community Centre (Out of School Care): 19 Rivervalley Drive SE, Calgary, AB, T2C 3Z7.
Type of Employment: Full time - Permanent
Estimated Start Date: September 2020
● Support early childhood educators in carrying out programs that promote the physical, cognitive, emotional and social development of children,
● Submit written observations on children to early childhood educators or supervisors,
● Discuss progress and problems of children at staff meetings
● Assist early childhood educators or supervisors in keeping records
● Assist in the planning and organizing of activities for school-age children in child care programs before and after regular school hours
● Lead activities by telling or reading stories, teaching songs and taking children to local points of interest, provide opportunities to express creativity through the media of art, dramatic play, music and physical activity,
● Guide and assist children in the development of proper eating, dressing and toilet habits,
● Observe children for signs of potential learning or behavioural problems and prepare reports for parents, guardians or supervisor,
● Establish guidelines for behaviour,
● Assess the abilities, interests and needs of children and discuss progress or problems with parents and other staff members,
● Establish and maintain collaborative relationships with co-workers and community service providers working with children,
● Assist in the planning and maintenance of an environment that protects the health, security and well-being of children
● Give support in the engaging, supervising and teaching of students.
-Education: Completion of high school is required
-Experience: A minimum of 2 years of experience in child care is required
-Alberta Childcare Staff Certification is required (Child Development Assistant-Level One)
-First aid certificate and criminal record check are required.
-Personal Suitability: Values and ethics, Reliability, Interpersonal awareness, Judgement, Dependability, Flexibility
-Working conditions and physical capabilities: Repetitive tasks, Attention to detail, Manual dexterity
Salary: $18.00 to $21.00 hourly, 40 hours per week
Benefits: Extended medical and dental insurance provided. We also provide uniforms.
Important information: This is a shift position and includes working 8 hours per day from Monday to Friday. Shift 1: 6:30 am to 2:30 pm / Shift 2: 8 am to 4 pm / Shift 3: 10 am to 6 pm. The candidate will be responsible to work with children up to 12 years old.
Apply by e-mail to: email@example.com