Special Education Teacher/Early Childhood Educator.
We encourage undergraduate and graduated students to apply for this position.
Salary: $26.34, $32.34, $44.68 per hour, + EI and CPP
Job Type: Part-time. (15-20 Hours/Week) Teacher- Child ratio: 2:1 and 1:1. We offer a competitive salary and there are many opportunities for additional benefits, bonuses, and incentives programs.
- Flexible schedule
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
We treat our employees like family and really try to go out of our way to ensure their longevity, success, and happiness.
If you’re interested in becoming part of something really special, please click “apply.” Or send your resume to: email@example.com
We are a registered business with CRA and we are located in the SpringBank community. SW Calgary.
We are excited to meet you!
- Bachelor of education (B.Ed.) degree with a specialization related to special education. (Preferred)
- Bachelor of Education and Alberta Certificated Teacher
- Early Childhood Education certificate
- Child Development Certificate
- Early childhood educational experience and familiarity with special needs classroom.
- Ability and motivation to work as a team player
- Significant experience working with children with special needs (min. 1-3 years)
- Vulnerable sector check
- First Aid Certification
The Special Needs Teacher / Early Childhood Educator will actively engage in a wide range of children’s social, physical, intellectual, creative and emotional needs for children in between the ages of 3-6 years. Responsibilities will include building rapport with all children and their families, supporting all the children and identifying their needs and strengths through collaboration with multi-disciplinary team and parents. Teachers are always to be present with children to help them recognize the importance of building respectful and nurturing relationships.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities in the classroom environment include the following but are not limited to:
- Using knowledge of the developmental stages of children to work collaboratively with co-workers and during activities to meet needs in the areas of physical, cognitive, language and socio-emotional development
- Reviewing reports and assessments from multi-disciplinary teams and implementing the strategies identified, along with any early literacy and numeracy programs that the MTD team outlines
- Assessing and planning for the children according to their individual strengths
- Participate in regular consultations with the classroom and multidisciplinary teams to discuss the needs of the children and therapeutic programming
- Guiding the children using modelling, or visual, verbal, partial physical, and hand over hand prompts
- Working collectively with the parents and MTD team to observe, assess and identify children needs
- Scheduling of daily opportunities for outdoor play in a safe, stimulating and developmentally appropriate environment
- Creating genuine partnerships with parents in connection to their child’s strengthens and areas of growth
- Engaging in continuous communication with families regarding their child’s development, assessment process and Individual Program Plans
- Providing support to children during daily routines, for example, dressing and toilet routine.
- Monitoring and recording daily notes.
- Maintaining good classroom management and housekeeping practices, for example, sorting and cleaning toys
- Participating in regular staff meetings, staff development programming, and parent events
- Working with the Child’s parent and MTD team by bringing to their attention any concerns relating to the health and wellbeing of the children
- Providing guidance to parents in areas of implementation, routine and expectations for children
- Organizing a rich variety of outings, celebrations, and enrichment programs for the children and parents to participate in together
- Make a difference every day!
- Be accountable for the delivery of an authentic Special needs Educational program.
- Plan open ended activities with an emphasis on process orientation and developmentally appropriate curriculum with age-appropriate and individualized activities
- Supervise the classroom, helping the children to think creatively, to solve problems independently and respect themselves and others.
- Spark imagination, build self-esteem and help children discover new things each day.
- Guide children in self-motivated learning, helping stimulate their natural desire to learn.
- Be responsible for ensuring an educational, caring and safe environment for the children.
- Be responsible for reporting challenges, successes and competencies of each student to the MTD team or to parents on a regular basis.
- Assist children with self-care (ie. dressing/diapering)
- Ability to lift a min. of 40 lbs especially when working with infants and toddlers
- Encourage children through role modelling and guidance to respect themselves and others
- Spark imagination, build self-esteem and encourage children to enrich their everyday experiences using the environment as the third teacher
- Collaborate with MTD teams for planning and implementation of weekly lesson plans
- Ensure that classroom practices meet Alberta Childcare Licensing and Accreditation Standards
- Provide an educational, caring and safe environment
- Utilize effective communication and strong organizational skills
All teachers and parents need to wear masks. Children whose 3 years and up require to wear masks too. Health questionnaires need to be filled out by both teachers and parents before coming in.
We follow all Alberta Health Protocols to ensure the health and safety of our children and employees.
- This includes:
- Frequent hand washing and sanitizer at all entrances
- Safe distancing from other staff,
- All adults wearing masks unless eating or drinking
- Daily temperature checks
- Digitized health screening questionnaire and sign in/out for ease of contact tracing
- Frequent sanitization of high touch surfaces and classroom materials
- Organization wide Covid-19 preparedness plan in case of a positive test
Our facilities offer spacious classrooms lit with natural light, a beautiful on site playground and are located near various parks and amenities. We offer a competitive salary and there are many opportunities for additional bonuses, incentives programs, and benefits. If you are looking for an opportunity to make a difference in the lives of young children and their families apply now or send your resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
We are located in the SpringBank community. SW Calgary.
We are excited to meet you!