Our lives have changed dramatically over the past few months as a result of Covid-19. We do not yet know the long term impacts of this particular global experience, but we do know a lot about stress and how it impacts the developing brain and body. And, thankfully, there are plenty of strategies everyone can use to lessen these impacts on children and build their resilience. This two-hour session will describe what these impacts can be for children and what we as adults can do to support them. Participants will also explore their own coping strategies and how they can continue to keep themselves healthy as they support the children in their care.
- Describe the types of stress and how stress impacts the brain and body
- Identify potential impacts of stress children are experiencing related to Covid-19
- Discuss broad and specific strategies for supporting children who are experiencing stress
- Discuss how to adjust support strategies to align with current health protocols
- Identify community resources to support children and families
- Explore professionals’ own coping strategies during Covid-19
Online, via Zoom
Date & Time:
September 30, 2020 6:30-8:30 p.m.
For more information and to register, go here.