The Association of Early Childhood Educators of Alberta (AECEA) is proud to announce Early Childhood Educator (ECE) Day for 2021 will be held on May 21, 2021.
Each year, AECEA invites the community at large to come together on the third Friday in May to celebrate the valuable work ECEs do by celebrating in ECE day. AECEA would like to highlight Alberta's ECEs publicly on social media and to do so your help is needed! Click the button below to highlight an educator by May 22, 2021 to be shown on AECEA's social media accounts.
Over the month of May, AECEA will be sharing the submissions on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram using the hashtag #ECEDayAB. Please share this opportunity with everyone you know so as many educators as possible can be highlighted! Download the poster.
This year, ECE day may look a bit different than other years due to the COVID-19 pandemic, but there are many ways to show appreciation while maintaining social distancing guidelines! Here are some of the different ways you can show gratitude to the Early Childhood Educators in your community this year:
- Take nominations to recognize an outstanding early childhood educator, give recognition to the individual at a local (virtual) celebration.
- Organize a drive-by parade for the educators in your community
- Put an ad in the local paper featuring an early learning and care program in your community and give your gratitude for the difference they make!
Program Directors, Family Dayhome Administration, and Board of Directors
- Provide a flower to each early childhood educator.
- Provide a certificate of recognition for the valuable work of an early childhood educator.
- Dedicate an online bulletin board to the amazing work of an ELCC educator showing off the co-learning occurring on a daily basis. Post comments from parents and pictures from children.
- Have local businesses provide gifts and donations for gift bags for early childhood educators.
- Provide an opportunity for a staff appreciation day by inviting a motivational speaker, and self care activities to present virtually
- Feature the special work educators do in monthly newsletters.
- Send an official letter from the board thanking early childhood educators for the work that they do.
- Create a learning story showcasing the special interactions between the children and their educators.
- Advocate by writing a letter to the ministry, local MLA’s, and other government officials on behalf of early childhood educators on current matters in the workforce of early learning and child care.
- Make a donation to a woman’s shelter, sponsor a child, or a local family in need on behalf of early childhood educators.
- Share words of encouragement with educators via email or social media
- Nominate an ECE for AECEA's Dr. Sherrill Brown Award of Distinction or Early Childhood Educator Award of Recognition
- Cost share in a professional membership to the Association of Early Childhood Educators of Alberta (AECEA), a provincial voice for early childhood educators.
Share what you're doing for ECE Day by using the hashtag #ECEDayAB!