We are actively seeking a qualified Preschool Coordinator who will oversee the daily operations and administration of the Glendale Community Preschool. Reporting to the Board of the Glendale / Glendale Meadows Community Association, the selected candidate will be experienced in the field of Early Childhood Development. The Preschool Coordinator's responsibilities include recruitment of staff, ensuring strong student enrolment, marketing and communication, financial management, and communication with Glendale/Glendale Meadows Community Association.
To be successful as the Preschool Coordinator, you should possess excellent interpersonal and communication skills, strong administrative and budgeting abilities, as well as love for children. You should uphold the vision of the preschool with pride and ensure that the preschool meets the relevant standard set by the Province of Alberta. Ultimately, a top-notch Preschool Coordinator will determine the needs of the preschool, protect the health and safety of children, work closely with the teachers and report to the Community Association Board.
Preschool Coordinator Responsibilities
The Preschool Coordinator will:
· Act as Program Supervisor, as defined by the Alberta Child Care Licensing Regulation.
- Manage and coordinate all Glendale Community Preschool operations as assigned by Glendale/Glendale Meadows Community Association.
- Plan, organize, control and evaluate the overall operations of the program to ensure compliance with licensing requirements and regulatory standards as set out by the Province of Alberta and/or City of Calgary.
- Build the capacity of program services to provide high quality inclusive children’s programs that consider the developmental needs of the whole child.
- Manage enrolment and registration of students.
- Keep up with emerging trends in the field and reconcile these with the approach and content of the programs provided by Glendale Community Preschool.
- Be accountable to the License Holder, staff, children, parents, regulatory bodies and community. It is their responsibility to demonstrate accountabilities within the staff team and in everyday practice.
- Anticipate and plan to prevent or minimize potential risks to the program; communicate potential risks to the License Holder, staff, children and parents, take the appropriate security measures to ensure compliance with health and safety standards and regulatory requirements.
- Manage the accreditation process; prepare and submit required documentation in a timely manner, engage in communication with AELCS, establish accreditation team, chair meetings, keep License Holder and staff aware of accreditation process and requirements, communicate with parents.
- Performs other duties, as assigned.
- Early Childhood diploma or degree from a recognized college or university or provincially recognized equivalent educational qualifications.
- Current Child Care First Aid Certification
- Clear Criminal Record Check including Vulnerable Sector Record Check;
- 5+ years experience as Daycare Director/Program Supervisor
- On-site parking
- Bonus program