Whether leading a discussion group or teaching a course, strong group facilitation skills are a must. This one day introductory session covers the basic skills of facilitation including creating a safe group environment, implementing learning principles, monitoring and debriefing activities, and effectively engaging in challenging group situations. The final portion of the day will be spent putting these skills to use, so come prepared to practice!
- Describe elements of a safe and comfortable learning environment
- Discuss the implementation of learning principles
- Demonstrate how to introduce, monitor, and debrief activities
- Develop strategies for engaging with challenging situations
- Apply facilitation skills and strategies in practice sessions
Early Childhood Development Support Services
#101, 13025 St Albert Trail
Edmonton AB T5L 4H5
Date & Time:
October 8, 2019 9:00 a.m.-4:00 p.m.
For more information and to register, go here.
**AECEA Professional and Student Members are eligible for a 15% discount on ECDSS public workshops, please contact the AECEA office if you have not received the discount code**