Imagine Institute for Learning facilitators are certified by SickKids Centre for Community Mental Health to provide the Handle With Care Facilitator Training. This two-day session is designed to help practitioners engage with parents and caregivers, including those who work in early childhood settings, to promote the mental health of young children from birth to six years. This workshop provides professionals with practical strengths-based strategies which assume every parent and caregiver have skills, potential resources and want what’s best for the children in their lives.
The program can be delivered in different ways:
- Group: Time limited, drop-in program (for example, in family resource programs, early years centres)
- Individual: One-time only or ongoing individual support (for example, home visits by public health nurses, parent support workers, child protection, preschool resource programs, mental health promotion workers, foster parents support workers, developmental therapists)
- Discuss the four building blocks of Handle With Care:
- Building Trust and Attachment
- Promoting and Enhancing Self-Esteem
- Expressing Emotions
- Relationships with Others
- Explore ways to teach parents and caregivers how to support their own and their children’s mental health using the four building blocks
- Practice strategies for creating an engaging learning environment for parents and caregivers to participate in
- Leave prepared to share mental health knowledge and resources to families in your community through facilitation of the Handle with Care program
Early Childhood Development Support Services
#101, 13025 St Albert Trail
Date & Time:
February 11-12, 2020 9:00 a.m.-4:00 p.m.
For more information and to register, go here.