Before applying for PD funding, the program you are employed by must have signed and submitted the Grant Application for Wage Top-up and Professional Development Funding form to Alberta Children's Services. Once the form has been accepted by Children's Services, follow the following steps:
1. Submit the Professional Development Funding Request Application
- Once the form has been submitted it will be reviewed by the Alberta Child Care Grant Funding Program.
- If the program is determined as eligible for professional development funding, a Grant Agreement will be sent to the authorized representative of the license/contract holder (as specified by the program on the Grant Application).
- If the program is determined as not eligible for the professional development funding, the authorized representative of the license/contract holder will receive a written notification indicating the reason why.
2. Review and sign the Grant Agreement
- After the completed Grant Application has been processed and the child care program has been determined eligible for the wage top-up and professional development funding, the Alberta Child Care Grant Funding Program will send a copy of the official Grant Agreement to the authorized representative of the license/contract holder as listed on the application.
- The license/contract holder must ensure full understanding and compliance to all requirements for the professional development funding as contained in this Funding Guide prior to signing the Agreement.
- The authorized official of the license/contract holder must sign the Grant Agreement and return the original signed copy by mail or email to:
Alberta Children’s Services
Alberta Child Care Grant Funding Program
Sterling Place, 9940-106 Street
Edmonton, Alberta T5K 2N2
3. Once the signed Grant Agreement has been received by the Ministry, an authorized representative of the Alberta government will sign it and a copy of the executed agreement will be sent to the designated official as determined by the license/contract holder.
4. Only after both parties have signed the Grant Agreement is the child care program considered approved for funding. Funding will be commence based on the “Effective Date” as stated on the Grant Agreement.
The approved professional development funding payment will be part of the overall child care program deposit when the next monthly claim is processed. The staff name and professional development funding payment amount will be reflected on the Monthly Payment Summary Statement.
*AECEA makes every effort to ensure this information is up to date. Please consult original documentation/website to confirm accuracy*