Full Time (35 hours per week) until March 11, 2022
Job ID 21-018NCFRC
Are you looking to make a difference in your community?
Join the Norwood team and start making a difference today!
Norwood Child and Family Resource Centre is an Edmonton based non-profit organization that has been supporting children and families since 1963, with a vision of Healthy Children, Healthy Families, Healthy Communities. Our programs and services are designed to strengthen and enrich families with children birth – 6 years old. Early childhood experiences are aimed at fostering optimal child development and healthy parent-child attachment. Parent education opportunities are created to support building the capacity of families. Family support services are provided to support families as the child’s first and most important teacher. Information and referral is a key practice in supporting families to grow and learn within their own communities. Programs are delivered using a holistic approach to support the social, emotional, intellectual, language, physical and creative needs of children and families in the community. For more information, visit https://www.norwoodcentre.com.
Norwood provides the following:
- Great benefits plan
- 5 weeks of paid time off per year (1 week at Spring Break, 2 weeks at Christmas and 2 weeks’ vacation)
- 12 sick/personal leave days per year
- Service recognition and employee awards
- 2 staff fun/appreciation days per year
- Strong focus on employee wellness and work-life balance
- Supportive of ongoing professional development
- A compassionate team environment
The Intake Facilitator works with participants to access services and programs at Norwood Child and Family Resource Centre. The Intake Facilitator will provide referrals to other community programs and services as appropriate. The Intake Facilitator will work with participants to strengthen parent/child relationships and expand the participant’s resources. The Intake Facilitator provides connections that support healthy child development.
This position requires a flexible work schedule that includes evenings and weekends to meet the needs of the families.
Norwood staff are guided by the following Team Charter: (SPIRIT)
- Support – We utilize one another’s strengths to take on challenges and opportunities using positive communication, collaboration, and compassion.
- Passion – We have the energy, attitude, and enthusiasm to be fully committed and engaged in our work with each other.
- Integrity – We are honest, trustworthy, transparent, and accountable with each other.
- Respect – We accept others without judgment and recognize that every individual is a person of value.
- Inclusivity – We celebrate diversity and welcome people of all abilities, backgrounds, cultures, and perspectives.
- Team – We are all one group working towards improved outcomes for children and families.
If you share our values and support our mission and vision please consider joining our team.
Reporting to the Program Manager, the Intake Facilitator is responsible for the following:
- Connecting with participants based on inquiries related to programs and services
- In-taking participants into the appropriate internal program and or services within the agency through home and office visits
- Supporting the parent/caregiver as the child’s first and most important teacher and focusing on their strengths and capabilities
- Collaborating with agency team members and community partners to provide optimal programs and services to participants
- Maintaining up-to-date knowledge of community resources to provide referral information to participants
- Identifying community resources and contacts to support both the needs of the families and the outcomes of children
- Providing supportive and information referrals and other support strategies to ensure to appropriate program or services, internal or external.
- Compiling and entering necessary data and documentation into agency and collaborative data systems while maintaining accurate, timely and complete electronic and paper files
The ideal candidate will possess the following qualifications:
- Degree or diploma in Human Services or equivalent
- Experience working with children and families from diverse cultural and socio-economic backgrounds an asset
- Experience conducting intakes is considered an asset
- Strong knowledge of child development, parenting skills and working with families
- Strong knowledge of community resources and ability to make appropriate referrals
- Strong attention to detail, organizational skills and ability to prioritize multiple requests
- Proficient in Microsoft office and database systems
- Current Childcare First Aid certification
- A valid driver’s license and access to a reliable vehicle
- Criminal Record Check and Child Welfare Intervention Record Check (findings will be reviewed on a case by case basis)
The starting hourly range for this role is $25.48 – $28.67 per hour ($46,373 – 52,179 per year) based on a 35-hour week.
Norwood Child and Family Resource Centre values diversity and welcomes applications from First Nation, Inuit, Métis, New Canadian, racialized, differently abled and LGBTQ2S communities.
Closing Deadline: Until Suitable Candidate is Found
To apply for this opportunity, please submit your résumé and cover letter to: email@example.com. Please state in the cover letter how you align with the Norwood Team Charter and how you heard about the position. Please include Intake Facilitator and Job ID 21-018NCFRC in the Subject Line of the email.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
COVID-19 vaccinations are mandatory for all Norwood staff and practicum students. Successful candidates will be required to provide proof of their COVID-19 vaccination.
Immunization against COVID-19 is the most effective means to prevent the spread of COVID-19, to protect the children and families we serve, our workers, and the public; to prevent outbreaks at the Agency; and to preserve workforce capacity. This policy strengthens work Norwood has done throughout the pandemic to keep our staff and participants safe (i.e. distancing, hand hygiene, infectious disease protocols, PPE use, masking, and staff education).
Please note: Due to COVID-19, interviews may be conducted virtually using the Zoom video software platform