Dr. Janet Mort will be joined by three of the Joyful Literacy Team for a two day workshop retreat that will provide you with the step-by step process for achieving literacy success with your Grade K-3 children. The Joyful Literacy Intervention has been implemented in many BC and Alberta classrooms and the data is indisputable. This intervention has worked in multiracial classrooms embedded in a play-based environment.
You will leave with a focused and cohesive classroom intervention plan and hundreds of practical play-based strategies that feature:
- Integrated inquiry based activities;
- Games and activities for mastering alphabet and sight word skills,
- a variety of practice centres for independent activities;
- fun poetry-based fluency development lessons;
- phonological teaching strategies;
- a simple but powerful screening, assessment and tracking tool; and
- samples of effective literacy-based daily schedules.
Sawridge Inn & Conference Center Peace River
Peace River, AB
Date & Time:
January 15-16, 2020 10:00 a.m.-3:30 p.m.
For more information and to register, go here.