Even the most nurturing home and school environments include a range of stressors that can both challenge and motivate children. While stress is a necessary part of development and learning, too much stress can have negative effects on the health and well-being of children and adults alike. This is why Imagine Institute provides the Kids Have Stress Too!® facilitator training on behalf of The Psychology Foundation of Canada.
Kids Have Stress Too!® helps the adults in children’s’ lives learn to promote resiliency by buffering the impact of stress and teaching positive coping strategies. The material is grounded in developmental science and is sensitive to the day-to-day realities of both educational and home environments across childhood and adolescence. This facilitator training will prepare you to deliver the Kids Have Stress Too!® program either to professionals and parents to help them support children and youth, or to children and youth directly. Training and resources are available for all ages of children and youth including:
- Kids Have Stress Too!® Preschool and Kindergarten Program
- Kids Have Stress Too!® Tools and Activities for Classrooms Grade 1-3
- Stress Lessons® Toolkit for Grades 4-6
- Stress Lessons® From Stressed Out to Chilled Out for Grades 7-9
- Stress Lessons® Tools for Resiliency for Grades 9-12
- Describe stress and its impact on health and learning from a child’s perspective
- Discuss awareness of own stressors and coping mechanisms
- List signs and symptoms of stress in children as well as practical techniques for reducing and coping with it
- Discuss strategies which create less stressful environments by promoting emotional literacy
- Practice sharing information and stress strategies with parents, professionals, children and/or youth either informally or through facilitated sessions
Imagine Institute for Learning
#101, 13025 St Albert Trail
Date & Time:
February 25, 2020 9:00 a.m.-4:00 p.m.
For more information and to register, go here.