An interactive training for professionals who work with children and families from The Psychology Foundation of Canada, Kids Have Stress Too!® helps children develop the coping skills they need to manage the stress in their lives. This facilitator training is designed to support professionals in the promotion of effective social-emotional development and stress management techniques to school-aged children and/or their parents. The material is grounded in the science of child development and is sensitive to the day-to-day realities of both educational and home environments. Participants who complete the training will be able to facilitate the Kids Have Stress Too! School-Aged program to parents as well as access online materials and resources through The Psychology Foundation of Canada’s website.
- Describe stress and its impact on health and learning from a child’s perspective
- Discuss awareness of own stressors and coping mechanisms
- List signs and symptoms of stress in children as well as practical techniques for coping with it
- Discuss strategies which create less stressful environments by promoting self-regulation
- Practice sharing information and stress strategies with parents either informally or through facilitated workshops
Early Childhood Development Support Services
101, 13025 St Albert Trail
Date & Time:
October 22, 2019 9:00 a.m.-4:00 p.m.
For more information and to register, go here.