Kids Have Stress Too!
KHST!® Level 1 Facilitator Training
Did you know?
- Stress can affect children’s physical, emotional, social and intellectual well-being
- Children experience everyday stress in a different way than adults
- Extreme stress can have a negative effect on brain development in young children
A Kids Have Stress Too! Preschool, Kindergarten Level 1 Facilitator Training:
- For early learning and child care professionals who work with children age 2 1/2 to preschool and kindergarten.
- A six-hour training session. Includes the program guide for early learning and care professionals: “Kids Have Stress Too! ® Preschool, Kindergarten and Parent Program: Promoting Resilience and Self-Regulation in Early Learning Environments” [166 pages in color]
- Access as a PFC KHST!® Level 1 Facilitator to the Psychology Foundation of Canada website supports and tools
- Professional development funding approved for this program by AB Ministry of Children Services is available to CDAs, CDWs and CDSs in the accredited system of childcare. For more information visit: https://bit.ly/2nAHPXg
Participants complete the training with resources and strategies they need to:
- Help children learn how to effectively regulate emotions, develop social, behavioral and cognitive skills and learn physical strategies as healthy strategies to respond to stressful situations
- Use KHST!® resources and strategies that based on evidence; support children in learning how to reduce and manage their experience of stress in the day-to-day reality of early learning and care settings
- Communicate with parents and caregivers about helping their children recognize and manage stress.
Training includes a free download of the “Kids Have Stress Too!® Parent Facilitation Guide “.
- Click on this link for more information on KHST learning outcomes and content: KHST! Facilitator Training 1 Summary
Families Matter Society
3404 25 St NE
Date & Time:
November 22, 2019 9:00 a.m.-4:00 p.m.
To view the event flyer, go here.
To register, go here.