Based on the book, The Culture Question, this workshop provides a guide for how every organization can increase employee engagement and become a great place to work. Unfortunately, far too many people don’t like where they work. Some organizations are unhealthy and full of disrespectful behaviour. Other workplaces are simply uninspiring. For various reasons, countless people feel trapped, indifferent, or bored at work. The secret to employee engagement and creating workplaces where people like to work is culture. By exploring six key elements that make up a healthy workplace culture, participants will learn the answers to two fundamental questions: “How does your organization’s culture impact how much people like where they work?” and “What can you do to make it better?”
Please note: This workshop is taught by one of the four authors of this book, Randy Grieser, Eric Stutzman, Wendy Loewen, and Michael Labun.
*Formally titled: The Culture Question – The Secret to Employee Engagement
Some of the Topics Reviewed
- The Case for Caring About Culture
- Culture’s Impact on Employee Engagement
- How to Define Purpose and Values
- Communicating Your Purpose and Values
- Providing Meaningful Work
- Practical Ways to Make Work More Meaningful
- Focusing Your Leadership Team on People
- Directive Versus Empowering Leadership
- Why Meaningful Relationships Matter
- How to Foster Meaningful Relationships
- Creating Peak Performing Teams
- Foster Identification and Facilitate Interdependence
- Practicing Constructive Conflict Management
- Key’s to Transforming Conflict
- How to Change Culture
- Cultural Health Assessment Questionnaire
This is an intermediate-advanced level workshop for leaders, managers, supervisors, human resource personnel, and anyone who influences culture in the workplace.
Sandman Hotel Edmonton West
17635 Stony Plain Rd
Edmonton AB T5S 1E3
Date & Time:
November 19, 2019 9:00 a.m.-4:00 p.m.
For more information and to register, go here.
**AECEA Professional and Student Members are eligible for a 15% discount on all CTRI and ACHIEVE Centre public workshops, please contact the AECEA office if you have not received the discount code**