Our communication skills and style are essential to positive and productive relations. Effective communication requires us to be clear about our own thoughts and desires, and also to be responsive to those of others. Assertive communicators express ideas and feelings in transparent, open, and direct ways – stating their needs clearly and without defensiveness. In this training, participants will build an awareness of their communication patterns and learn to deal confidently with people around them. This workshop is fun, meaningful, and highly effective for improving communication awareness and skills.
Some of the Topics Included
- What’s Required for Effective Communication
- Assertiveness Self-Assessment
- Characteristics of Aggressive and Passive Communicators
- Assertive Communicator Characteristics
- Assertive Body Language
- Strategies for Giving Directions
- How to Say “No” Assertively
- Skills for Making Requests
- Giving Corrective Feedback
This is an introductory-intermediate level workshop.
Date & Time:
September 17, 2020 8:00-11:00 a.m. MST
For more information and to register, go here.