We all encounter people we find difficult, and typically conversations with them leave us feeling stressed and frustrated. This workshop explores what is happening in those exchanges and demonstrates how people can adapt their strategies to bring about more productive conversations with those they find difficult. Individual approaches for dealing with difficult people will be discussed, with an emphasis on understanding and adapting one’s approach to create different results. Participants will explore how to deal with patterns of passive-aggressiveness, resistance, and chronic anger, and how to begin to change difficult patterns using a straightforward, five-step approach.
Some of the Topics Included
- Who is a Difficult Person?
- Shift Judgment to Curiosity
- The Cycle of Escalating Difficult Behaviour
- Approaches for Dealing with Difficult People
- Strategies for Dealing with Bullying Behaviour
- Skills for Dealing with the Passive-Aggressive Person
- How to Defuse the Angry Person
- Strategies for Dealing with the Resistant Person
This is an introductory-intermediate level workshop.
Date & Time:
October 20, 2020 8:00 a.m.-3:00 p.m. MST
For more information and to register, go here.