Mental health concerns will directly impact one in every five people. The remaining four will know a friend, family member, co-worker, or acquaintance that struggles with their mental health. It is essential that organizations build capacity to support those with mental health concerns because early identification and support typically lead to continued employee well-being. This workshop will explore factors affecting mental health, give participants a general overview of common adult mental illnesses, and, most importantly, show how to be a support. Participants will learn strategies for creating a more inclusive work environment that reduces stigma surrounding mental illness.
Some of the Topics Included
- Why Mental Health Matters
- Stigma and Myths About Mental Illness
- A Review of Common Mental Illnesses
- Keys to Creating a Supportive Environment
- People and Organizations to Access
- Finding a Qualified Counsellor
- Tips for Supporting Those That May Be Struggling
This is an introductory-intermediate level workshop applicable to anyone wanting to learn more about mental health, including employees and managers.
Online via Zoom
Date & Time:
January 21, 2021 8:00-11:00 a.m. MST
For more information and to register, go here.