The ability to regulate one’s body and find balance in emotion, thought, and physical health is at the core of healing and well-being. This workshop is designed to first teach participants to develop these skills for themselves. From this base, the application of mindfulness-based strategies in counselling work is explored. In this highly experiential training, participants will practice mindfulness, regulation, and activation strategies meant to promote compassionate self-awareness and emotional balance. The skills learned are relevant and applicable for working with clients of all ages—from children to elders.
Some of the Topics Included
- The Active Ingredients of Health, Balance, and Regulation
- Key Components of Mindful Awareness
- The Benefits of Mindfulness
- An Embodied Approach to the Mind
- Breathing Strategies
- Cultivating Body Awareness
- Focus on Mindful Movement
- Interpersonal Regulation
- The Impact of Therapeutic Relationship
- The Role of Wise Compassion
This is an intermediate level workshop for social service and health care professionals, counsellors, social workers, school personnel, and anyone wanting to gain mindfulness tools and strategies.
Date & Time:
October 1-2, 2020 8:00 a.m.-3:00 p.m. MST
For more information and to register, go here.