The time has come to recognize the significant contributions of volunteers who are making this nation stronger.
The call for nominations for Canada’s Volunteer Awards is now open! You are invited to:
- nominate a not-for-profit organization, an individual, a group, a social enterprise or a business that is making a difference in their community to receive an award; and
- promote the call for nominations to your stakeholders.
The call for nominations is open until June 21, 2019.
Awards will be presented in the following categories:
- one national award – Thérèse Casgrain Lifelong Achievement Award for individuals who have volunteered for at least 20 years;
- five regional awards – Emerging Leader for young volunteers between the ages of 18 and 30;
- five regional awards – Community Leader for individuals or groups of volunteers;
- five regional awards – Business Leader to recognize businesses that demonstrate social responsibility; and
- five regional awards – Social Innovator to recognize the contributions of not-for-profit organizations or social enterprises.
Award recipients will be recognized at a ceremony, and each recipient gets to choose a not for profit organization to receive a grant of $5,000 (regional award) or $10,000 (national award).
Help highlight Canada’s volunteer culture! Let's give Canada's volunteers the recognition they deserve.
For more information, please visit Canada.ca/volunteer-awards or call 1-877-825-0434.