Muttart Bursary Program
Grants are usually awarded in amounts of less than $1,000 to cover the tuition or registration costs of courses, programs, conferences or other training opportunities. Courses or programs must be offered by a non-profit entity or a publicly funded post-secondary institution. Professional development opportunities may include:
- administrative courses – accounting, computer skills, communication, interpersonal skills, supervision, etc.
- program related courses – cultural awareness, youth engagement, counseling, community development, mentoring, coaching, pedagogical leadership, child development, collective impact, outcome measurement, etc.
- management level courses – human resources, information technology, legal, communications, project and change management, operations, financial and accounting, fund development, etc.
Muttart Leadership Program
The aim of the Leadership Bursary program is to increase the capacity of senior staff, management staff, or persons serving in a senior staff capacity within these charities to contribute now, or in the near future, to leadership within or across organizations, or enhance leadership competence in key policy areas related to the charity or sub-sector’s work. Professional development opportunities may include:
- leadership courses or programs
- management programs
- governance courses or programs
- public policy courses or programs
Grants are usually awarded in amounts of less than $2,500 to cover the tuition or registration costs of courses or programs. Courses or programs must be offered by a non-profit entity or a publicly funded post-secondary institution. Bursaries cover course or program tuition costs, not travel, accommodation or incidental expenses.
Please submit applications to the Foundation at least three weeks in advance of the course start date to provide sufficient time for a review of your request. If the application is received after the registration deadline, or if you have already registered for the course, the bursary will not be awarded.
For more information and to submit an application, go here.
*AECEA makes every effort to ensure this information is up to date. Please consult original documentation/website to confirm accuracy*