Student Office Assistant
The Association of Early Childhood Educators of Alberta (AECEA) is seeking a professional, self-motivated individual with effective interpersonal skills for the position of an office assistant.
This position is casual (5-15 hours per week, with the possibility of increased hours in the summer) and intended for students currently enrolled in Early Learning and Childcare, Child and Youth Care, Administration, or related post-secondary program.
Roles and responsibilities for this position will include:
• Ordering, packaging, and taking inventory of materials
• Creating and tracking packages for mail-outs
• Attending conferences (virtual or in-person) with Program Coordinator as needed
• Overseeing training evaluations for tracking and reporting purposes
• Note taking of minutes, agendas, and reports for meetings as needed
• Supporting Program Coordinator in securing accommodations and/or meeting spaces for in-person trainings
and all other related responsibilities in meeting the Association’s deliverables; supporting Program Coordinator and Administrative Assistant as needed.
Applicants must have effective skills in:
• Communication (verbal & written)
• Microsoft Office proficiency (Word, Excel, Outlook)
• Organizational skills and ability to prioritize
• Open-minded to new ways of thinking and processes in the digital age
• Attention to detail (packaging, proofing, tracking)
• Using online meeting software
• Flexibility and willingness to learn
Start Date: as soon as possible
Wage: $18 - $21
Forward your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.