The Out of School Care Program Assistant will help with planning and implementing the TRA Out of School Care Program in accordance to the philosophy of the Tuscany Residents Association, standards of Alberta Provincial regulations and other policies, acts or regulations that may be applicable. This position will be 30-40 hours per week and will assist the OOSC Coordinator with the efficient and effective operation of the program.
Reporting: The Out of School Care Program Assistant is hired by and reports directly to the OOSC Program Coordinator.
Program Duties Include:
- Oversee the planning and implementation of age appropriate programs to enhance the child’s social, physical, intellectual, cognitive, and emotional development.
- Incorporate learning experiences designed to meet the individual needs of the children.
- Monitor children to ensure safety during play, by organizing various indoor/outdoor activities that encourage sharing and safe interaction with other children.
- Assist with the cleaning and straightening of both the room and equipment in accordance with Alberta Child Care Licensing/AHS Regulations.
- Ensure that appropriate child discipline methods are used, communicated and enforced.
Staff Duties Include:
- Work with qualified staff to maintain and improve the Out of School Care Program and ensure its compliance with Alberta Child Care Regulations.
- Maintain close communication with the Coordinator on staffing concerns and updates.
- Communicate and interact positively and appropriately as a team member with colleagues.
- Attend and participate in staff meetings at least once a month to support professional development.
- Assist in daily drop off and pick up of children by means of organized walk and/or van ride; all weather.
Administrative Duties Include:
- Promote a positive image of the Child Care Program to the public.
- Maintain all appropriate records and documentation, and ensure that it is complete and up to date.
- Track information, including attendance, sign-in sheets, and student counts at all times.
- Be familiar with Activenet and monthly billing procedures.
- Research and share findings of professional development opportunities with the Out of School Care team.
Parents and Community Duties Include:
- Display and promote a positive, cheerful attitude and helpful approach with community members.
- Maintain confidentiality on all issues regarding the Tuscany Residents Association.
- Be the first point of contact with parents during pickup when Coordinator is not on premise.
- Must possess an Alberta Child Development Worker (Level 2) or Supervisor Certificate (Level 3).
- 2-3 years work experience in the child care field.
- A current Criminal Check and Vulnerable Sector Search (dated not earlier than 6 months prior to start date).
- Well versed with the Alberta Child Care Regulations, the Alberta Health Services’ Health and Safety Regulations and Alberta Child Care Accreditation Standards.
- Must be knowledgeable in dealing with child care related issues, including daily interaction with parents.
- A passion for working with children.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, well-organized and approachable.
- Open to continuous learning and improvement.
- Possess or able & willing to get a class 4 driver’s license and willing to drive a 15-passenger van to transport children to and from school is an asset.