TARGET AUDIENCE: K-3 TEACHERS AND EARLY CHILDHOOD EDUCATORS WORKING IN AFTER SCHOOL PROGRAMS, CHILDCARE CENTRES AND PRESCHOOLS ARE ENCOURAGED TO ATTEND
Outdoor play is an essential part of childhood, it connects children with the natural world, allows for more physical movement, contributes to a sense of place and opens up opportunities for inquiry and emergent curriculum. Our role as educators in outdoor play is to provide an environment that opens up play opportunities for children that trigger their curiosity and support their learning.
In this two day Summer Institute, you will…
- Explore the research that supports outdoor play
- Consider the various frameworks you can use to ensure outdoor play experiences are engaging, complete environments for children
- Directly experience loose parts, nature play and risky play
- Think through the opportunities within the schoolyard and nearby nature
- Tie outdoor play directly to curriculum and student competencies
- Plan how to incorporate outdoor play experiences into your teaching
Connect Charter School
5915 Lewis Dr SW
Date & Time:
August 20, 2018 - August 21, 2018 9:00 a.m. - 3:30 p.m.
To find out more and to register, go here.