This workshop will provide a comprehensive overview of Positive Discipline and introduces the Positive Child Care Model which focuses on how to support the development of self-regulation and other social emotional skills through pro-action and Positive Discipline.
Participants can expect to learn:
- What constitutes effective and positive discipline
- The importance of connection and attachment in the child care setting
- Ways to help children self regulate
- How to create an encouraging and nurturing environment that reduces behaviour challenges while supporting children’s social emotional development
- Ways to empower children to use their power in constructive ways
- How to communicate in ways that invite cooperation from children
- Specific tools and methods to deal with common behaviour concerns in non-punitive, positive ways
- And more!
A special emphasis is put on creating an environment in which "children thrive, learn and cooperate".
Facilitator: Ruth Buffam, Certified Positive Discipline Educator & Trainer
Registration Fee: $98.00 (plus GST) (Registration Fee Includes lunch)
Executive Royal Inn
2828 23 St NE
Calgary, AB T2E 8T4
Date & Time:
Saturday, October 14, 2017 9:00 a.m. - 2:30 p.m.
To register, go here