This workshop will provide a comprehensive overview of Positive Discipline and introduces the "Smart Approach" to social emotional learning which focuses on how to support the development of self-regulation and other social emotional skills through pro-action and Positive Discipline.
Participants can expect to learn:
- What constitutes effective and positive discipline
- The importance of connection and attachment in the child care setting
- Ways to help children self regulate
- How to create an encouraging and nurturing environment that reduces behaviour challenges while supporting children’s social emotional development
- Ways to empower children to use their power in constructive ways
- How to communicate in ways that invite cooperation from children
- Specific tools and methods to deal with common behaviour concerns in non-punitive, positive ways
- And more!
A special emphasis is put on creating an environment in which "children thrive, learn and cooperate".
Days Inn & Suites
10010 179A Street
Edmonton, AB T5S 2T1
Date & Time:
September 28, 2019 9:00 a.m.-2:30 p.m.
For more information and to register, go here.