This two-day interactive workshop is designed for early childhood educators, teachers, and caregivers who work with children from birth to six years of age. Participants will learn research-based principles and tools of Positive Discipline and how to apply them in an early childhood classroom or care setting.
Upon completion of this two day training, attendees will earn recognition as Positive Discipline Early Childhood Educators by the Positive Discipline Association and will be provided with a framework from which to share their learning with staff and/or colleagues within their organization.
Participants can expect to learn:
- How to create a classroom or care setting based on mutual respect and in which children develop a sense of belonging and significance
- The importance of developing healthy relationships with children and how to develop those relationships
- An array of ways to foster essential social and emotional skills
- Communication methods based on current brain research
- The importance of understanding the “why” behind children’s behaviour
- Methods to deal with challenging behaviour in constructive, encouraging and positive ways
- How to apply a wide array of non-punitive Positive Discipline tools
- How young children learn and how to adapt teaching to the needs of this age group
- The essential skills for developmentally appropriate participation in class meetings
- And much more!
Days Inn & Suites
10010 179a St NW
Edmonton, AB T5S 2T1
Date & Time:
January 17-18, 2020 8:30 a.m.-4:30 p.m.
For more information and to register, go here.