Are you an organized and detail-oriented administrative professional that possesses an advanced level of proficiency in operating Microsoft Office applications? Do you excel at providing person centered services with non-judgement in a fast-paced environment? e4c’s Early Learning division is searching for a Program Assistant who will be responsible for day-to-day front desk supports, be a first point of contact for all public inquiries, assist in preparing program reports and literature and support stakeholders to achieve the overall goals and objectives of the division.
Hours: Full-time from Monday to Friday for 37.5 hours per week during office hours.
Why Join Our Team
- To utilize your skills related to communication, professionalism, organization and technical ability in managing office equipment.
- Be part of a motivated team that is passionate about connecting people.
- Connect with a variety of stakeholders including children, parents, general public and community members to build and model positive neighbor relations.
- Full-time position includes: health, dental, sick days, an employee assistance program, and other work related benefits.
In Your Role You Will
- Responsible for day-to-day administrative tasks including: responding to program inquiries by telephone, walk-ins and electronic formats, data entry, managing incoming and outgoing mail correspondence and referring users to staff and community resources.
- Operate and manage a multi-line telephone and voicemail system.
- Prepare reports, program literature, meeting minutes and promotional materials using Microsoft Office applications.
- Assist families in completing intake forms and provide follow-ups with appropriate referrals to staff and community resources.
- Serve as a primary contact and coordinator for clients utilizing transportation services.
- Maintain filing system for electronic and hard copy files.
- Facilitate room bookings and tours for school visitors.
- Support ordering and managing office/ classroom supplies to ensure suitable levels are maintained.
Education and Certifications
- Diploma in Office Assistant, Administration or related discipline.
- Police Information Check with Vulnerable Sector Check.
- Intervention Record Check.
- 3+ years’ office experience in a similar environment (i.e. school or educational setting) is an asset.
- Proficiency in MS Office including having an advanced level in Excel, Word, Outlook, database applications and computer operation
- 1+ years’ of experience using a multi-line switchboard and telephone system.
- Working knowledge of office equipment and computer software programs.
- Experience working in a multi-disciplinary team is an asset.
- Equivalencies may be considered with a combination of work experience and education.
When applying, please submit a thoughtful Cover Letter and Resume outlining your interest and experience:
At e4c diversity is our strength. We embrace diversity and offer equal opportunities to all qualified applicants. We welcome your application regardless of origin, culture, ethnicity, age, ability, gender identity, sexual orientation or faith.
Thank you to all those apply. Only those short-listed will be contacted for an interview.