“The well-being of children is inseparable from the well-being of the adults in their lives” – Stuart Shanker.
A vast majority of Self-Reg initiatives focus primarily on children, however, in order to regulate another, you must first be able to regulate yourself. This presentation looks at the Self-Reg needs of adults. Topics covered will include:
- Shanker Self-Reg® and how it applies to adult stress
- The kinds of stress experienced by parents, teachers and other professionals who work with children
- How excessive stress affects adult functioning
- How adult stress affects children
- How adults can use Self-Reg strategies to manage stress and maintain and enhance their own well-being and those around them
ERLC Office at Elmwood School
Room 17/18, 16325 83 Ave
Edmonton AB T5R 3V8
Date & Time:
November 13, 2019 9:00 a.m.-12:00 p.m.
For more information and to register, go here.