Due to the high demand for this workshop and its relevance to many workplaces, CTRI offers a train-the-trainer program for our De-escalating Potentially Violent Situations™ workshop. Training an internal trainer to deliver this workshop enhances organization know-how. It also saves costs at the same time.
Train-the-Trainer Program at a Glance
- Certification allows you to present this workshop only at your organization of employment
- Attendance at the three-day train-the-trainer session required
- You and your employer must sign an agreement that indicates acceptance of the commitments involved (view an example of a signed agreement). Please note that the registration process is not complete until we receive the agreement. Please email it to us at your earliest convenience.
- Facilitate at least one training a year in order to maintain certification.
- Present the workshop in a manner that is consistent with how CTRI presents the workshop.
- As materials are modified from time to time to make them more relevant and current, you will need to review and adapt these changes.
How Train-the-Trainer Benefits Organizations
Long term, the train-the-trainer program is the most cost-effective method to train existing and new staff. With a certified instructor on staff, organizations can offer as many workshops as needed throughout the year.
Train-the-Trainer Workshop in Detail
On the first day of the train-the-trainer program, participants will take the De-escalating Potentially Violent Situations workshop™. Day two begins with a question and answer session, followed by a detailed review of important workshop content. The day concludes with facilitation strategies, coaching, and preparation to present a portion of the workshop. On day three, each participant will present a section of the workshop
Executive Royal Hotel Calgary
2828 - 23rd Street NE
Calgary, AB T2E 8T4
Date & Time:
May 12-14, 2020 9:00 a.m.-4:00 p.m.
For more information and to register, go here.