Updated guidance documents for child care programs were uploaded to the Biz Connect website on September 1, 2020. Please see below for the updated documents for daycare, out of school care, preschools, approved family day homes, and group family child care programs.
Identified updates include:
- Temperature range added for forehead thermometers for daily temperature check.
- Clarification on what types of non-permeable physical barriers can be used to separate cohorts.
- Self-assessment checklist updated to align with the Alberta Health Daily Checklist and other updated guidance for screening protocols.
- Links and messaging on the use of masks and hand sanitizer updated to align with most up-to-date information from Alberta Health.
- Additional section to allow for group transportation with specific measures in place.
- Additional clarity on requirements for child care programs located within schools.
- New staff requirements to align with workplace guidance in other sectors.
- Updated measures regarding the use of playgrounds and field trips that are within walking distance.
- Additional points in the cleaning and disinfecting section regarding the use of area rugs, soft furnishings, as well as coat hooks and cubbies.
Please note, this is not an exhaustive list. We recommend you review the guidance documents to ensure there are no further changes that are not identified in the above listing. Any questions about the above documents should be directed to your local Children's Services branch.