The Association of Early Childhood Educators of Alberta (AECEA) invites you to submit proposals for workshops to be part of our upcoming annual conference, taking place April 25, 2020 at Mount Royal University in Calgary.
Workshop sessions should:
- Be 1.25 hours in length
- Run for the entire time block
- Be designed for an adult audience and allow for interaction and questions
- Provide innovative programs or research findings, and be suited for a minimum of 40 delegates
- Include techniques, strategies or ideas to help delegates share their learning once they return to their communities
Conference delegates include early childhood educators, administrators, school age and family child care providers, students, instructors, research and policy analysts, and advocates.
Delegates from our previous conferences provided feedback on professional learning topics. Suggested topics include infant/toddler programming, working with children with exceptionalities, school aged programming for diverse cultural perspectives, mental wellbeing (child, family, professional), professionalism, leadership, AB curriculum concepts, pedagogy, parent engagement, working with systems/legislation and self-care for ECEs.
The lead presenter submitting the proposal includes the following:
- Conference attendance for the day of presentation
- Meals on the day of presentation
NOTE: Photocopying, materials, travel, accommodation and parking are the sole responsibility of the presenter.
Workshop proposals will be reviewed and selected based on timeliness of session topic, creativity of approach, expertise of presenters, connection to further professional learning; proposals selected will demonstrate an understanding of inclusiveness, diversity (i.e. cultural, ethnicity, religious, class, age and developed abilities), and ethical practices.
Selection of presenters and presentations is at the sole discretion of AECEA’s Conference Planning Committee. Successful applicants will be notified by email by Friday, December 20, 2019.
We ask that presenters do not:
- Sell or endorse any products or materials.
- Distribute any personal evaluations (AECEA will provide workshop evaluation forms and share the results with presenters after the conference).
If you find yourself unable to attend at the time your session is scheduled, it is your responsibility to:
- Find an alternate presenter to lead the workshop as it was submitted.
- Notify the conference committee of such a change as soon as possible.
Please complete this form in full by Friday, December 6, 2019.
AECEA is the voice of early childhood educators in advocating for higher educational standards, better wages and working conditions, and comprehensive system supports. Our mission is to transform Alberta’s early learning and child care (ELCC) workforce into a recognized profession.
Please consider how you and your presentation support AECEA's mission.
If you have any questions, please contact the conference committee at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Between 2-4 sentences, stating experience and education