What types of training costs are not covered? | Association of Early Childhood Educators of Alberta

What types of training costs are not covered?

Expenses not allowable for professional development:

  • Accommodations, meals, alcohol, and travel costs.
  • Additional fees charged by an educational institution.
  • Non-approved courses, workshops or conferences (i.e., those not related to child development or not approved by the Alberta Child Care Grant Funding Program).
  • Language proficiency assessments (CELPIP/IELTS).
  • English as a Second Language coursework.
  • First-Aid training and food safety courses.
  • Resource books and materials not part of registered coursework.

*AECEA makes every effort to ensure this information is up to date. Please consult original documentation/website to confirm accuracy*