Who is eligible for PD funding? | Association of Early Childhood Educators of Alberta

Who is eligible for PD funding?

The professional development grant funding is intended for staff that are paid employees of eligible child care programs who:

  • Provide direct child care, including program supervisors and alternate supervisors (as defined in the Child Care Licensing Regulation) as well as persons hired in the role of family child care consultants/coordinators with a contracted family day home agency.
  • Are certified as a Child Development Assistant, Child Development Worker or Child Development Supervisor.
  • Are a Canadian citizen or an official Permanent Resident of Canada.
  • Have worked at least 29 hours per month for the previous two consecutive months from the date of the expenditure or the date the application was received.
  • Have submitted a Professional Development Funding Request Form and made a payment for the course, workshop, or conference within the same fiscal year (April to March).

*AECEA makes every effort to ensure this information is up to date. Please consult original documentation/website to confirm accuracy*