This session will provide participants with a place to start their own journey of reconciliation as they begin to explore Indigenous ways of knowing and being in Early Childhood Classrooms. Specific to Alberta, we will begin by grounding our session in gratitude with a Land Acknowledgement. Participants will think about their practice with children and families in the Treaty lands where they live, work and play. Through a number of rich learning activities including: viewing videos, small and large group discussions, music exploration and self-reflection - participants will leave with the beginning work of a plan for implementation of Indigenous ways of knowing and being with children.
During this interactive workshop we will:
- Reflect on your own current practice and experience
- Review important information to inform current practice
- Create a list of engaging activities for implementation in your own classrooms; daily, weekly and yearly
- Plan for 1 activity to use in your classroom following this learning event
- Discuss tips and considerations when working with Indigenous families
Date & Time:
January 26, 2023 6:30p.m.-9:30p.m.
For more information and to register, go here.