Trauma is prevalent in our world and has an impact on many of the people we interact with, including those who engage with our organizations. Compassionate and trauma-informed care is essential to providing effective support and building sustainable services. Based on our book, A Little Book About Trauma-Informed Workplaces, this workshop explores five key principles to integrate a trauma-informed approach throughout the organization. By embracing these principles, participants can better contribute to the positive transformation of individuals and relationships affected by trauma. Becoming trauma-informed creates a sustainable foundation in any setting to promote strength, engagement, and healing.
Please note: This workshop does not provide training related to trauma counselling. If that is what you are looking for, please check out our workshop, Trauma – Counselling Strategies for Healing and Resilience.
Some of the Topics Included
- Trauma’s Ripple Effect
- What Is Trauma-Informed Care?
- Building a Trauma-Informed Culture
- Understanding Trauma
- 5 Principles of a Trauma-Informed Approach
- Promote Awareness
- Shift Attitudes
- Provide Choice
- Foster Safety
- Highlight Strengths
- Post-Traumatic Growth and Resilience
- Steps for Implementing Principles
This is an introductory-intermediate level workshop intended for anyone interested in learning more about the value of trauma-informed workplaces.
Method of Delivery
Presentation, video, case study exercises, personal reflection, and small group discussions.
At the end of this workshop, participants should be able to:
- Discuss the prevalence and impact of trauma on individuals and organizations
- List five key trauma-informed principles
- Describe practical strategies for implementing each of the five trauma-informed principles
- Assess their own organization for areas of trauma-informed strengths and weakness
- Identify trauma-informed goals to improve service delivery and program planning
Date & Time:
August 24, 2022 8:00 a.m.-3:00 p.m. MST
For more information and to register, go here.
AECEA Professional and Student members get 15% off public workshops through the Crisis and Trauma Resource Institute (CTRI), log in to your account for the discount code!