Your voice matters. It's tough to stress just how important it is for you, as an ECE, to support your provincial association and have a voice on issues of importance to you. We depend on the size and strength of our membership to allow us to engage, plan and advocate for system changes and further public investment in the ELCC sector.
It is very common for anyone working in the helping profession to encounter ethical dilemmas. Ethics are at the heart of competent and effective practice for anyone in the helping field, particularly when managing boundaries and relationships. This webinar is designed to give individuals and organizations an opportunity to review common principles and standards for ethical practice that are relevant for their settings. Viewers will practice using an ethical decision-making process to work through common areas of ethical concerns and leave with a stronger awareness of their own ethical base.
This is an introductory-intermediate level workshop intended for social service and health care professionals, counsellors, social workers, and school personnel.
Some of the Topics Included
- Boundaries and Ethics
- What’s Involved with Building Ethical Competence
- Common Principles in Helping Professions
- An Ethical Decision-Making Process
- Common Standards of Practice
- Confidentiality and Limits to Confidentiality
- Helper and Client Boundaries
- Cultural and Diversity Competence
- Ethical Technology
Upon completion, participants should be able to:
- Define the concept of ethics and how it applies within the helping profession
- Describe the common values and principles that guide codes of ethics in helping professions
- Identify steps in a process for ethical decision-making
- Describe ethical considerations for boundaries and cultural competence in the workplace
Date & Time:
November 16, 2023 8:00 a.m.- 3:00 p.m. MST
For more information and to register, go here.
AECEA Professional and Student members get 15% off public workshops through the Crisis and Trauma Resource Institute (CTRI), log in to your account for the discount code!